Project Mom 2011
Sat Apr 2, 2011, 12:00PM - 2:00PM
Lewis Hall, Notre Dame
Location: Lewis Hall, Notre Dame
Joining the campus-wide CommUniversity Day on April 2nd, Notre Dame Right to Life will be hosting a baby shower for 6-8 pregnant women-clients of the Women’s Care Center in Lewis Hall. The Women's Care Center provides pre-natal care for women who are not able to cover basic financial needs. They provide pregnancy testing, pregnancy verification, ultrasounds, counseling, a 24-hour hotline, and parenting classes. Notre Dame Right to Life wants to affirm these women in their mother hood and in their choice of life for their unborn child by providing them with a real baby shower. For many of them, this may be the only time their baby has nice, brand new items, so we hope to be able to provide sufficiently for as many women as possible.
We could really use your help in several ways this school year in preparation for our baby shower:
- If you are a student who would like to help with campus fundraising efforts, contact Kellie Raddell at email@example.com.
- Most of the items are bought by the coordinators, and donations are greatly needed to cover these costs. All donations can be sent to the Right to Life Club Office, attn: Project Mom, 305 LaFortune. Or look out for donation tables in La Fortune and the Dining Halls in the months of February and March!
- Consider purchasing some of the items on our Target Baby Registry. All of these items are needed by mothers at the Women's Care Center. If there are other baby or mothering items that you could donate or if you know someone who would like to donate items, please contact Kellie Raddell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other opportunities to support the Women's Care Center through "Project Mom" include:
- Donate cash or Domer Dollars in LaFortune on Thursday March 24th from 3 to 6 PM.
- Buy goodies at "Project Mom" Bake Sales on Monday March 28th and Tuesday March 29th, 11 AM to 2 PM.
- Donation bins are available in Geddes Hall.
This semester’s Project Mom is co-sponsored by the Institute for Church Life and the office of University Life Initiatives.